The house was packed on Tuesday, August 25th at the breakfast meeting where Congressman Duncan Hunter was the featured speaker. This engaging Congressman came to the meeting with information that was refreshing and candid. He is a native of San Diego, graduating from Granite Hills High School, so it is only natural that this man knows our county and region better than most. He is on top of all issues that impact our region, gave his insight on many items that are currently happening in Washington, D.C. and those that are on the horizon that will impact our region and nation. This man has a love of our country, the people in it and our military that was obvious as he spoke. The Congressman encouraged questions from the audience and his time was spent addressing many of those issues. As the morning was drawing to a close, he graciously stayed to take photos with guests that were captured by Chamber photographer, Sandy Small. The Marie Callender’s team again prepared a fabulous breakfast that satisfied. The Chamber wishes to thank the breakfast sponsors: AT&T, represented by Ignacio De La Torre who welcomed the group, Carl Burger Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM World, who has been a supporter and sponsor throughout the entire year and Welcome Wagon, represented by Maureen O’Nan who addressed the audience and is one of the newest sponsors of Chamber activities. As the morning drew to a close and guests adjourned, the sky opened up and a powerful shower followed everyone to their vehicles. With water being a vital resource and a constant topic of discussion, this was the perfect end to a perfect breakfast meeting.
- EDCO’s 50th Anniversary Was a Lovefest
- The Ribbon Cutting and Welcome of Orchard Supply Hardware to Our Community was a Neighborly Affair!
- La Mesa Chamber Seniors Project Certainly “Put a Little Love” in Many Hearts!
- La Mesa Children at Local Elementary Schools are Winners This Holiday Season!
- Giving the Phrase “There’s No Place Like Home for The Holidays” New Meaning By Collecting Toys For “At Home” La Mesa Military Families